Earthtilling

Friday, April 14, 2006

This is Freaky!


This just seems so weird to me. Writing something that the whole world could possibly read. Oh, the pressure to keep it interesting!

I guess that I will just keep this as a Gardner's diary of sorts.

Here is what I have done today (so far!):
Weeded all of my flower beds (I have 7 total not counting the Veggie garden). Well, that doesn't sound like much, does it? But, trust me, it was a lot of work. It took 2 hours and my back is killing me!

I came home with (3) new Ice plants yesterday. I admitted to Jeff that I had bought them this morning as he was cooking breakfast. (You know, things just keep popping into my head to say. For instance, Jeff normally eats biscuits with honey or cinnamon rolls for his weekend breakfast. But, since we are going on vacation to Mexico in 6 weeks, he has decided to start eating healthier, hence the reason he was cooking eggs this morning. I know, I know, this has nothing at all to do with my Garden Blog. How in the world am I going to keep this coherent? I would love to start telling you all about our vacation to Mexico now. Or, how about my dieting/exercise progress? Oh, geez, at least this will help some of you understand how my brain works. I have a million things going through it all the time!)

Ok, hmmm, where were we before Cybil showed up? Oh, yeah, so, I was admitting to Jeff that I bought these (3) little plants ~ I quickly interjected that they only cost $1.25 each ~ and that I was so sorry, I had already bought them before he told me yesterday afternoon to quit buying plants so that we could save money for vacation (there that vacation is again!). He is such a sweet, sweet Husband because he said, "I'm not telling you that you can't buy plants. You just can't buy them everytime you go to Wichita." (So, can I buy them every other time? No, I didn't ask that! Innocent as Doves, remember?

I am now going to talk about my Christmas gift from that Sweet, sweet Husband. It is a three tiered planter. I have planted it with Purple Wave Petunia's, hot pink purslane, and purple Wandering Jew. I will try my hand at posting a picture. Let's see if this works: Ok, that worked but didn't work. I wanted the picture to be down here. I will have to work on that. But, at least you can all see it!

I am going to go stroll around the Yard now to check on everything. Did I mention that I have the house all to myself? Jeff took the girls fishing! They were sad that I didn't want to go with them, but for heaven's sake, I need some ALONE time!

9 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Necia said...

I have already found 3 mistakes in my post. Maybe someone can tell me how to edit them?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Baskinoid #3 said...

Awesome. There really is nothing more exciting than plants or blogs, so you can only imagine how exciting a blog about plants is.

Good job on the picture, btw....when I first started, I couldnt even figure out how to do it....hopefully theyve made it easier since then.

Also, you need to allow anonymous comments on your blog so that non-bloggers can comment. After all, we don't want this to be like MySpace, do we?? (they make you sign up before you can comment).

Later,

Jorin

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog! I can't wait to see the vation pics posted with day to day descriptions of the trip.

I don't really like gardening - unless you count roch gardening - but I think your plants are pretty.

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm.... I mean vacation and rock.

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! The planter looks great!!

 
At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great flowers and I loved the Cat drinking from the fountain.. you should put that on the blog.
I am afraid my garden is taking second place to my caring for Daisy , not a flower but Kara's Bloodhound.. who as you know is recuperating from ear surgery and is preggers , due the end of the month.. Oh well .. I do have gorgeous roses and a lovely Amarylis.

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Maybe sometime I will venture over and see it all in person!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Isabela Figueiredo said...

lovely animals, lovely flowers. Be happy.

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if this will go through, but I will try. Your blog is facinating. Of course, I AM somewhat partial to my beautiful, smart, energetic daughter.

Love, Mom

P.S. What are HTML tags?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home