Our Zoo (Part II)
Continuing with the Zoo slideshow, here are the craziest animals at our house. This was, of course, on Easter Sunday. The girls thought that it only made sense to Easter egg hunt in their bathing suits! After Bailey got hers on, she said, "Are we going to Nancy Snow's house to swim?" It was so cute! Of course, when it came to picture taking time, her Daddy's genes prevailed!

This is our dog, Haus. He is 1/2 Lab, 1/4 German Sheppard, and 1/4 Airdale terrior. He is about 6 years old. He is such a cutie, but, quiet naughty. He hates the rain and/or thunderstorms. He digs his way out of his yard, goes through the hole in the back fence, around through the back field, and onto our front porch everytime! Jeff taught him to sit, lay down, and roll over for treats. Most of the time, when you tell him to sit, he goes ahead and lays down/rolls over. Then he pops up, ready for his treat. Ashah taught him how to shake. She is working on teaching him how to jump over obstacles. It is rather amusing because he is soooo smart that he just runs around the obstacle! (Who wants to jump, anyway? It is too hard on the knees.)

This is my favorite picture of Little Boy. Some of you have seen it before. He likes fresh water and waits for me to fill up this bird bath and then stands on his tippy-toes to take a drink.

This is the surprise that I was telling Cassie, Jorin, and Gin about Sunday at Bible Class. He (or she) was in my potting soil bin in the greenhouse. Ashah caught him and we brought him into Jeff to hold for the picture. (I was too scared to hold him! I was afraid that he would jump on my shirt or something; that would surely send me to the hospital from a heart attack!) After doing some research, I decided that it is a Meditterranean Gecko. We were very careful with it and put it back where we found it. I went into the Greenhouse to check on it and it was still there, but it's tail had fallen off! So, we feed the tail to the chickens. They loved it.

These are our Honeybees. They took up residence in an upside-down 5 gallon bucket 4 years ago. They are great helpers in the garden, so we do everything we can to keep them happy. They have stung Jeff twice, but never anyone else. When we were laying the mulch for the new veggie garden area, they did keep buzzing around my head, ready to sting. I don't think that they liked the smell of the mulch. It didn't help that we had let Haus out of his pen and he sat in front of the beehive trying to catch/eat the bees!

Off-topic of the Zoo, I am seriously considering boycotting Rick's blog until he posts on mine! Put the word out.
Hmmmm, what will I blog about next..................................


10 Comments:
I like lizards and blogs and cats and dogs....and I get a full dose of each right here!
By the way, I "hinted" that Rick needs to get his rumpus over here on his blog. We'll see what happens...
What is this that I have to comment on a blog to make its existence valid? Me genoito! I, moreso, would think that the blessings from Jorin's keyboard would be a more correct certification, me being a Peter to his Paul. I did annoint your magnificent new site with a hyperlink from mine yesterday evening.
That aside, did you know that a profusion of felines causes schizophrenia? Verify this with Bobby, who's seen the effects of its ravages first hand. The story about Petey's fall from his grace and into a crazy woman's cat YWCA is entertaining.
Do you feed the chickens your leftover chicken? You and Jeff did a great job on the painted brick! When do you blog about soap? Have you seen Fight Club? The best fat for making soap comes from humans.
Wow ... I see now why Necia desired a comment from Schlick.
Necia, your animals are silly! Your humans are too! :)
The commenters (sp?) on you blog are almost as entertaining as your blog itself! I loved the lizard tail "tale". That was too funny, yet yukky!! Linda
A Mediterranean gecko? How'd he get way over here?
OK. I have my first question. There's this grassy looking stuff (kind of blue-ish) that has a big stalk coming out of the middle with red flowers on the end of it. It must be a xericape (or periscope) plant since I alway see planted with texas sage and artemisia. I can't find a picture on the internet but I'd like to know what it's called. Figured you had some, maybe :)
Ricky, while human fat may indeed make the best soap, I have never tried it as it is exceedingly hard to come by. However, here is an interesting soap for you to try: Himalayan Soap
Or perhaps a batch of Mother's Soap would be more to your liking. =Þ
Gin, are you talking about a Red Yucca ?
That must be it! I have a serious aversion to yuccas since I've spent the last month murdering a huge patch of it. I didn't even think to look at other varieties! Thanks, April!!
IMO it's the only yucca worth letting live. =) The other varieties remind me of a 1970's Mexican restaurant.
Post a Comment
<< Home