Earthtilling

Monday, May 01, 2006

Been busy

I have been really busy the last couple of weeks and it only seems that it will get worse! I have 419 candles to make by Mother's Day. I am thinking that we will skip school this week so that I can concentrate on pouring candles. Well, I say skip school but we have two outings already planned this week. This morning, we are going to Dr. Spears office to watch an animal surgery. I hope that I don't throw up! We have Dance class and soccer practice this afternoon.

Tomorrow, Kat has her end-of-the-year Volleyball picnic. We will probably also have a make-up soccer game for the one that got rained out on Saturday. So, basically, the first two days of the week are a wash as far as candle making goes. I will try to get the wicks straightened and the wax cut in between all the other things that we have to do.

Another thing that is keeping me busy is the DIET! Jeff and I started the South Beach diet last Monday. We are on the "induction phase" for one more week. He has already lost 8 pounds (where in the world did they come from? At least he is eating healthy, though) and I have lost 5 pounds (I know where they came from!). I only have 3 more to go and I will be at the weight when I met Jeff! Yea! Oh yeah, the reason it is taking up my time is because I actually have to cook! YUCK! I am getting better at it, though. We bought a new indoor grill and it is pretty cool. I grilled zucchini last night and it was great. I have also grilled hamburgers, they only took 5 minutes! The girls have had fun making grilled cheese sandwhichs on it, too.

The gardens are starting to look pretty and lush. The rain last week is really helping! Here is a picture of my new Gaillardia-Indian's blanket. I bought it at Atwood's for $1.69 (it was in a 4" pot, so it has grown alot). It is a perrenial, so it will come back every year. I will also try to save the seed to make more.

Well, I'd better get going so that we can make it to the Vet on time. I wonder if Dr. Spears will let me take pictures? Wouldn't ya'll like to see some gross animal-insides pictures? HeHe!

4 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger The Andersons said...

Ha ha, I only have 127 bottles of lotion + 126 bars of soap to make!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger The Andersons said...

You need to update the post with Asha's series of unfortunate events. =)

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you've had any luck with mexican heather. i have a big spot in front of my fireplace on the west side of my hizee that i think would be perfect.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Necia said...

Gin,

Yes! Give it a try. I really liked it. Mine never got really tall, only about 1 foot or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home