Earthtilling

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wednesday

Yesterday I spent some time transplanting St. Augustine grass runners into some bare areas of our backyard. I will have to water everyday for a while until the roots take hold. It looks bad now, but hopefully it will fill in nicely.





Then, I spent over 3 hours cleaning out Ashah's room. I took out 2 trash bags of, you guessed it, trash and 3 boxes of Garage Sale junk. She sat on her bed playing her gameboy and saying "Yes" or "No" when I questioned her about keeping her stuff. These will be the "before" pictures of her bedroom. I am planning on cleaning/sanding/filling holes on the trim and windowsills today. Then I will get those repainted. The ceiling needs to be cleaned and painted, and then the walls. She wants a sage green. We are also going to get rid of the old computer because all it is good for is playing around on the Microsoft Word program. Then, I will paint the desk. Any suggestions on the color?





Before I start on the trim work, I will rip out this carpet in the closet and then take off the remaining carpet tack board using a crowbar thingy and a hammer. This is my favorite part! Jeff and the girls have already removed the carpet in the bedroom. The black on the floor is a glue of some sort that was used to hold down the old tiles that were under the carpet. We were going to originally put down laminate flooring (like in the hallway and Livingroom) but decided that it would be much quicker to have new carpet laid. To do the laminate, we would have to remove all of the baseboards and door casings. No big deal except that it is labor intensive and would cost more. Putting the new baseboards in takes a long time, as Jeff can only work on it when he isn't at work, bible class, or the lake!


This picture shows the new flooring in the livingroom. Please ignore the stupid sofa cushion that is slouching! I forgot to straighten it before taking the pic! We still need to find the perfect (and inexpensive) area rug. I think that it looks great~Jeff did an awesome job!


Till next time....

5 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! You guys are doing a great job! I've been looking for big area rugs as well. If I come across any good deals, I'll definately let you know!

 
At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! Time to have a party.....!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger The Andersons said...

The living room looks great! Won't you be SO glad to paint over that bright yellow?

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your floor looks great!!! I think you should paint the desk pale blue. That's Ashah's favorite color and it will contrast well with the sage green!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lovin the band posters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home